We’re hiring! Our wonderful Rental Coordinator is going on maternity leave and we need a sharpshooting, temporary full-time replacement to take over whilst they’re away.
Send us your cover and résumé by July 2, and possibly start working with us on August 9! Download application (pdf)
Rental Coordinator Posting – Temp. Maternity Leave coverage
July 2, 5pm
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), the Roundhouse Community Centre, voted Best Community Centre seven times by the Georgia Straight, has served the Yaletown neighbourhood, and Vancouver at large, since 1997. The Roundhouse is a recreation centre, an arts & culture space, and a historic site, all housed in one architecturally unique building. We provide the space and opportunity for Vancouverites and out of town visitors to lead a healthy life through our many programs and events.
The Rental Coordinator reports directly to the Roundhouse Supervisor and represents the Roundhouse as the primary point of contact, to potential and current rental clients, providing excellent customer service while safeguarding the interests of the Roundhouse. The Rental Coordinator will be skilled in assessing booking requests, reconciling these requests in a timely manner with availability of space against the policies and procedures of the Roundhouse, and facilitating dialogue related to requests with staff and stakeholders. Given the nature of the position and the communities we serve, the Rental Coordinator must possess both excellent customer service skills, have strong multi-tasking abilities and strong interpersonal skills, specific to working with a diverse variety of clientele.
- the highest priority is given to responding in a timely, courteous manner to all inquiries and booking requests by phone, email and in person.
- providing excellent customer service
- providing detailed and complete information regarding Roundhouse resources, requirements of renters, and process(es) to confirmed clients
- communicating the Terms and Conditions of contracts with clients
- completing a preliminary needs assessment for each rental request and comparing against schedule availability, policies and procedures, and potential conflict arising from traffic flow, sound, loading areas, and proximity to other activities
- presenting appropriate requests to the other production staff and Programmers for comment/discussion/ group approval in a timely manner
- initiating an Event Information Sheet (EIS), with all relevant information completed in preparation for use by the Technical Director (TD) and staff in a timely manner
- draft Rental Agreement contracts and ensure clients signatures and rental deposits are obtained within required timeline of rental
- facilitate initial discussion between the TD and the client, when necessary
- maintain a liaison role between the client and the Roundhouse, collecting security deposits, gathering initial information on their event, presenting event estimates, contracts, and invoices, and collecting payments
- attend and actively participate (when required) in necessary meetings
- collect, prepare, update and have on hand, client-presentable information on rental procedures, rates, room specifications, images and other related information; providing such material as necessary to clients
- work to review, assess and develop such material to ensure efficient communication of information is achieved
- books all facilities and equipment required for rental using booking system (currently ActiveNet) and calendar as required
- books, facilitates, and handles one-off small room rentals
- administers paperwork for small room rentals as needed
- connect with seasonal renters to confirm roll over of their rental contracts
- Work with Roundhouse Recreation and Arts programmers in small room allocation
- assist Accountant with budget preparation
- arrange staff for after-hours coverage
- follow up with staff after rentals for feedback on the event/rental
This position is with the Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Society, which operates the Roundhouse Community Centre jointly with the Vancouver Board of Parks, and Recreation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- excellent customer service skills including written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- excellent time management, organizational, and problem solving skills
- proven ability to work as a part of a team
- ability to work with a minimum of supervision within Roundhouse policies and procedures
- demonstrated ability to multi-task
- proven ability to assess the logistical and practical implications of potential renters using community centre space, including basic technical requirements of events and costs of major equipment.
- demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment in stressful situations
- Education or equivalent experience which reflects:
- experience with non-profit, marketing, customer service, event-producing organizations and venue rental experience/ training
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
- ability to multi-task, effective team skills. Excellent customer service skills
- computer experience with word-processing, spread-sheets, booking, and communications software (working knowledge of ActiveNet and its Facility Booking module an asset)
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter and résumé (PDF) to ATTN: Human Resources at with Roundhouse Rental Coordinator in the Subject line by Friday, July 2, 2021, 5pm.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the pandemic, the current rate of pay is limited to 75% ($23.24), but the Society anticipates moving to 100% of pay ($30.99) once the restrictions are lifted
Temporary Full Time: 35 hours per week
August 9, 2021
Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Society – Board of Directors