Dr Henry has updated the Province of BC’s Public Health Order. The increased restrictions are due to the Omicron variant’s higher transmissibility; it will soon become the dominant strain of COVID-19. Cases are increasing in more densely populated areas like the Vancouver Coastal Health region, largely due to public events and parties.
In light of these updated requirements, please note the following changes to our current safety protocols at the Roundhouse, starting immediately (December 20, 2021).
- All programs (except children and youth programs) require Proof of Vaccination (PoV).
- Adults or caregivers attending children or youth programs will be required to show Proof of Vaccination, as is currently required.
- If registered participants require a refund, please contact the front desk 604-713-1800.
- Organized gatherings of any size now require PoV.
- Renters (small or large rooms) will still be required to check their own participants for PoV.
- The Park Board will address implementing QR code checks in the new year.
UPDATE Thursday, January 20
Dr Henry has continued the PHO indefinitely at this time, with a few amendments. Some safety protocols have been brought back, including wearing masks indoors at all times, unless excercising in a fitness or sport program, and capacity limits for room occupancy.
Postponed programs will resume in the next week or so based on their usual date/time. All registered participants should have received a call or email from one of our programmers with this information. If you have any questions, please call the front desk for clarification 604-713-1800 press 1.
For parents/guardians watching their child’s program from the hallways, in order to ensure we are maintaining proper social distancing, please either leave the building, watch from outside the building (if possible), or find a designated spot to sit inside the building (i.e. in the lobby) and wait for their program to end (this does not apply to parent participation programs). We thank you for your patience as we navigate through the updated order.
UPDATE Thursday, January 6
Additional postponed programs:
- Baby and Me Yoga, Pilates Plus, Osteofit,Tai Chi Chuan: Intermediate, Tai Chi Chuan: Beginners, Iyengar Yoga, Joint Mobility, Fit 4 Two® Baby and Me Fitness, Functional Fitness/Pilates, Gentle Yoga (Monday), Gentle Yoga (Wednesday), Iyengar Yoga, Fit 4 Two® Prenatal Fitness, Classical Fencing Drop-In
In general, the public is asked to keep gatherings small, gather indoors with only vaccinated family/friends, keep travel local, and continue to work from home, if possible.
These requirements will be in place until the end of January, or until the PHO changes the requirement. For further information, please visit the Province of BC’s COVID-19 page.
Please note that the Roundhouse will be operating at reduced hours for the winter break:
Dec 24: Open 9am-4:45pm
Dec 25-Jan 1: Closed
Jan 2 & Jan 3: Open 9am-4:45pm
Jan 4: Full operating hours
UPDATE Thursday, December 23
In addition to the above points, please note the following additional changes. An email will be sent to registered participants. Please call the front desk if you have any questions at 604-713-1800 press 1.
- All aerobic and fitness programs are now postponed until after January 18, 2022. For instance: Group Fitness (Groove Moves, Cardio Core, Cardio Combo, Strength and Stretch, Posture Perfect), Zumba / Zumba Noon, Ballroom Dance / Ballroom Dance and Social, Line Dance, Hawaiian Dance Lessons, Groovazon, Introduction to Vertical Dance with Aeriosa, Ultimate Conditioning: Cardio Boxing & Resistance Drills, Fit4Two: Prenatal Core, Fit4Two: Prenatal Fitness, Fit4Two: Baby and Me Fitness, Roundhouse Ageless Dancers, Roundhouse Community Dancers, All Bodies Dance Project, Ready Dance Youth Project – All Bodies Dance, West Coast Swing, Tighten Up
- Birthday parties are cancelled until after January 18, 2022.