As of Fall 2021, the Adult Sports Drop-in system is lottery-style (see below), changing from the previous call-in system, to create a more equitable opportunity for those looking to drop-in for the these program types.
This change creates a standard procedure ensuring that no loopholes, special skills or knowledge puts prospective drop-ins higher on the waitlist. All prospective drop-ins will have the same 10-minute window to enter their name into “the hat”, and the draw is completely random.
As always, registration is encouraged for those looking to participate in our Adult Sports to avoid any drop-in processes and the chance of not playing from one week to the other.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact the front desk directly at 604-713-1800 press 1.
Adult Sports Drop-in Procedure
• Registered participants have exactly 10 minutes after the program start time to check in with the Gym Supervisor, or risk forfeiting their spot on the roster for that day
• 10 minutes before the program start time, the front desk puts out slips of paper for prospective drop-ins to write their names on
• Prospective drop-ins put their slips into a “hat”
• At the program start time, the names are written in order of when they are drawn. Names on this list can be added to the day’s roster for empty slots – if a registered participant checks in within the allotted time, the lowest person on the waitlist who is on the roster gets removed)
• Any drop-in who comes after the draw will be written on the list in the order they check in
• If a registered participant checks in 10 minutes after the start time of the program, they will be put on the same waiting list as drop-ins, in the order that they check in; they do not have to pay a drop-in fee if there is space for them to participate
• 10 minutes after the program start time, drop-in participants who fill vacant spots on the roster for that day are guaranteed their spot, and pay the drop-in fee
• Basketball starts at 6pm
• Names can be written on slips to be put in a hat at 5:50pm
• Names are drawn at 6pm (drop-in names added to the roster to fill unclaimed spots)
• At 6:10pm, empty spots are filled and guaranteed for drop-in participants
Please note the following:
• Prospective drop-in participants must be present to put their name in the hat
• Prospective drop-ins can only put their own name into the hat
• Registered participants must be here in person to check in; they have 10 minutes after the start time of the program to check in or risk forfeiting their spot on the roster for that day
• Registered participants can only check in themselves; they cannot: a. check in other registered participants, or b. write names on slips to be put into the hat