Join the Roundhouse Board and make a difference!
The Roundhouse Community Arts and Recreation Society is currently looking for community members/volunteers to be part of its Board of Directors.
The Society works with Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation to manage the activities at the Roundhouse Community Centre. We are looking for community members (especially Roundhouse users and neighbours) who have an interest in supporting your favourite community centre.
What will you do?
- Provide the community’s perspective on programming activities at the Roundhouse
- Actively participate in at least 1 Committee of the Board
- Work with the other Board members to oversee a non-profit organization with dozens of programs and thousands of users
What will you get out of it?
- You will grow your local network and expand your knowledge of the programs delivered at the Roundhouse
- You will have an active role in overseeing an expansive portfolio of arts and recreation activities
- You will gain knowledge and experience in non-profit governance
We are currently seeking a wide variety of skill sets and backgrounds, and in particular would welcome those with finance and arts expertise.
Generally, directors will spend 10-15 hours per month on Roundhouse activities; each position requires a 2-year commitment. Orientation and relevant training (through workshops delivered by Vantage Point) is available. There are no costs associated with being a Board member and we do not have fundraising requirements.
More information on the Roundhouse Society and its Board of Directors can be found on the Roundhouse’s website.
President, Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Society
Image of a Board Director thanking volunteers at the always popular Volunteer Appreciation Dinner.